As a health-conscious woman, I’ve always favored healthy eating over anything else.
While I have my own guilty pleasures, there’s something about a plate full of veggies & flavorful seasonings that allow me to feel as though I’m doing right by my body. And in full disclosure, I actually enjoy eating asparagus drizzled in garlic and a little sea salt or sweet potatoes sprinkled with cinnamon…
Now, I’m not one to push my healthful eating choices on anyone else. I’m a firm believer that ‘you gotta do you’, BUT when the opportunity arose for me to try out one of my ‘healthy’ recipes on a crowd full of picky-eaters- I took it!
You see, this past weekend, while hosting a small gathering at my place, the idea of “healthy” nachos came into play- I was a bit skeptical to say the least about creating any sort of healthy substitution that would satisfy in the same way a plate full of nachos does.
I mean, there are just some iconic plates you can’t redo into healthier creations, no matter how hard you try! BUT my skepticism faded after trying this delicious (and yes, healthy) dish!
Loaded Cauliflower Veggie Nachos- what a game changer!
The cauliflower is roasted just long enough to be tender, yet still provide that crunch you’d expect in a nacho. The melted cheese mixed with the diced avocado bring the right amount of richness to the dish, that you almost forget what you’re eating is nutritious.
And the rest of the veggies? Well they are just an added bonus for your taste buds!
Scroll down for the full recipe- it takes just minutes to prepare + is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Loaded Cauliflower Veggie Nachos
Servings: 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- one medium head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- garlic salt
- onion powder
- one medium orange bell pepper, diced
- one medium red onion, diced
- one medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup reduced-fat monterey cheddar, shredded
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a baking sheet, cut cauliflower into smaller florets, sprinkle with garlic salt, onion powder and evenly drizzle olive oil on top. Place in oven for 25 minutes.
- Layer bell pepper, onion, tomato, onto roasted cauliflower. Add cheese and return baking sheet to oven for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool before eating and add diced avocado on top as garnish. Enjoy!
Looking for more great recipes? Try These Healthy Favorites!
- High-Protein Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- The Best Protein Coffee Recipe
- Easy, No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Here to support YOU! XO- Britney (ms.fit.farmer)