There’s no denying it- summer has finally arrived (and a bit early I might add!).
To be honest, I’m usually not one to complain about the summer heat. I much prefer it over the chill of winter. But last week’s 90 degree hot & humid weather here in Michigan was enough to send me searching for any sort of cooling comfort.
You see, as a dairy farm girl, I spend the majority of my days outside. While I wouldn’t trade it for the world, I do realize spending that much time beneath the sweltering heat of the sun does require me to be on top of my game with hydration!
For years I’ve used BCAAs for hydration during my workouts and near/around my time in the gym; they’re great for helping to preserve lean muscle and I’ve noticed shorter recovery times between workouts. However, it wasn’t until just recently that I began sipping on BCAAs throughout my entire day.
Honestly, just adding two scoops into my gallon jug- I’m amazed by how fast it all goes down!
I’m a lemonade freak- so the fact that I get to drink “lemonade” all day long while still ultimately reaching my water intake goals AND staying on track with my diet- well it all sounds too good to be true if you ask me…
- 3 Reasons Why ‘You Can’t Lose Weight’ And How-To Fix It!
- The Fitness Hack No One’s Talking About: How-To Use Visualization for Weight Loss
- The Simple Mindset Shift that Will Help You Lose Weight
- The Most Basic Step to Weight Loss That EVERYONE Forgets!
Before you think BCAAs aren’t for you, do realize that BCAAs are key ingredients to consume no matter what type of athlete you are: Bodybuilding, power-lifting, long distance runner, or sprinter. If you work your muscles…BCAAs should be a go-to supplement.
That’s because BCAAs keep you in an anabolic state throughout the day (even when you’re not eating) and keep your body working for you- burning fat and building muscle at optimum levels!
The fact that they are 0 calories- yes! zero carbs, zero sugars & zero fats- makes them the perfect product to add flavor to water or just about any frozen treat.
And speaking of frozen treats- let me just take a moment to say that these frozen strawberry lemonade popsicles turned out so much better than I had anticipated! Not to mention, they were so easy to make!
Read below on how to make some of your own!
This post may contain affiliate links, for more information, see my disclosures here.
Easy Strawberry Lemonade BCAA Popsicles
Servings: 12 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Freeze time: 30 minutes
- Popsicle Mold Set
- 3/4 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1-2 scoops Lemonade BCAAs
- 1 Liter Sparkling Water (or regular water, if preferred)
- Use blender to chop frozen strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Combine strawberries, BCAAs and sparkling water into single mixture.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds until 3/4 full, do realize popsicle will expand as it freezes; cover with appropriate top and set in freezer til fully frozen.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy!
Don’t limit yourself to just this strawberry lemonade combo! With a variety of BCAA flavors and fresh fruit galore, the possibilities are truly endless with this simple summer treat!
Comment below to let me know how yours turned out!
Here to Support YOU! XO- Britney (ms.fit.farmer)
- High-Protein Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- The Best Protein Coffee Recipe
- Easy, No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars