One of my goals this year was to try new recipes- I too often get in the habit of cooking the same cycle of meals over & over again, which is funny considering that my Pinterest Boards have approximately 2,000 different meal options saved to them…
So with the weekend ahead I thought I’d start off with a tried-and-true favorite: White Chicken Chili.
I’ll be honest, this recipe is a favorite of mine for two reasons: the first being its taste, and the second being how simple it is to prepare.
Like most women, the one thing that I always seem to be lacking is time. So when I have the opportunity to enjoy a good ‘dump’ recipe that cooks easily in my favorite slow-cooker, I take it!
This White Chicken Chili recipe, in particular, is a macro-friendly meal that I can dress up or dress down depending on my mood. It’s filling yet not sit-in-your-stomach-heavy.. appropriate especially for this unseasonably warm fall we seem to be experiencing.
Keep scrolling, to get the full recipe below!
Easy Slow-Cooker White Chicken Chili Recipe
Serves: 6-8 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 6 hours
- 2.5 lbs boneless/skinless chicken (I prefer chicken thighs for this recipe but chicken breasts work too)
- 2- 8oz. cans diced green chilies
- 1/3 C Cilantro
- 1 tbsp. Garlic
- 3 cans Great Northern Beans
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 C Chicken Broth
- 1 C Milk (I’m a dairy girl so I use the real deal, but feel free to substitute Coconut or Almond milk)
- 1/4 C cornstarch
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Cumin
- Dump chicken, beans, chilies, onion, garlic, cumin, salt & pepper, milk and broth in crockpot on high for 5-6 hrs. or on low for 7-8- make sure chicken is cooked and tender.
- Shred chicken once tender and mix well.
- Add cornstarch- to avoid clumps in chili, first mix cornstarch in approximately 1/2 of water till smooth and then add to rest of mixture.
- Let thicken in slow-cooker for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Add fresh cilantro before serving. If desired, add sour cream, shredded mozzarella cheese or any other favorite toppings.
Browse more great recipes:
- High-Protein Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- The Best Protein Coffee Recipe
- Easy, No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Here to support YOU! XO- Britney (ms.fit.farmer)